This was a unique project in the fact that it was an addition to a historic 3 story brick home. With the help of a structural engineer we could extend the kitchen and bathroom another 14 feet and widen the space to 18 feet. This space created a beautiful eat in kitchen with substantial storage and great size half bath.
Challenges we face in this project were maintaining the charm of an early 1900’s home while updated the look and feel. All plumbing in the house was original to the home and beginning to fall apart so we needed to reroute and reinstall property to code without ruining the rest of the home with strange bump outs or bulk heads.
We to solved some of these challenges with custom cabinetry to hide any structural components and new plumbing. Along with lowering the ceiling just slightly to have proper clearances for new plumbing pipes. In maintaining charm, it was decided to use cherry cabinets and match the stain of the existing trim in the house. With the help of beautiful reclaimed wood look tile flooring the character could be maintained.
Other specific features that made this project unique:
- Second story roof top deck.
- Exposed brick chimney
- Custom built to fit cherry cabinetry
Finishes chosen in this project:
- American Olean wood bridge tile. http://americanolean.com/series.cfm?series=201
- Marbella White Quartz countertops by MSI. https://www.msistone.com/quartz-countertop/marbella-white-quartz/
- Grohe plumbing fixtures. https://www.grohe.com/us/21367/professionals/
- Oak Trim.
- Andersen Windows. https://www.andersenwindows.com/products/400-series-woodwright-double-hung-window/
- Thermatru Doors.
- BestBath shower system. https://bestbath.com/product-gallery/
- Sherwin Williams repose gray. https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7015-repose-gray#/7015/?s=coordinatingColors&p=PS0
- Quorum school house lighting. http://www.quorumlightinglights.com/product/quorum-schoolhouse-pendant-801-15-186.html